Switzerland is a charming country full of natural beauty. Its rightly said that Switzerland is a paradise on earth. Holiday in Switzerland is ideal for honeymoon couples who are looking for a scenic and quaint holiday experience. Switzerland has some vibrant cities like Zurich, Geneva, Bern, Interlaken & Lucerne which offers ample opportunities for sightseeing and city hopping. While in Swiss one cannot afford to miss exotic villages like Grindelwald, Engelberg, Lauterbrunnen & Gstaad which are ideal choices for tourists looking for tranquility. Holiday in Switzerland can be enjoyed in a variety of ways, here we are suggesting an itinerary for tourists who wish to explore Switzerland with Glacier Express which is said to be the slowest scenic train in the world.
Glacier express holiday is an ideal choice for tourists who wish to experience scenic train route. The glacier express route connects Zermatt and St. Moritz and the whole journey completes in 8 hours. While traveling you can enjoy delicious food at the catering facility that is provided in the glacier express train ( at an extra cost). The train also runs from St Moritz to Zermatt hence the itinerary can be changed as per individual/group’s requirements. The glacier express train is said to be the most scenic slowest train in the world
Switzerland tours offered by swissolidays is curated as per individual’s preferences and budget. Travel Switzerland for creating happy memories which can be cherished life long.
Zurich-Lucerne (Swiss Pass Day 1)
Other Options for Today:
1. Lake Cruise at Lake Lucerne (Please check Cruise Timings at Cruise departure port) 2. Excursion to Mt Rigi (Free with Swiss Pass)
Overnight in Lucerne
Lucerne-Engelberg-Mt Titlis (Swiss Pass Day 2)
Titlis Cliff Walk - Europe's highest suspension bridge. Set your pulse racing! 3,041 metres above sea-level. 500 metres off the ground. 150 heart- pounding steps. The Titlis Cliff Walk is just one metre wide and 100 metres long. The views into the abyss below are breathtaking! This is what awaits you on the Titlis Cliff Walk, the spectacular suspension bridge high up on the summit. To cross the bridge, you'll need nerves as strong as the steel cables from which it hangs. On arriving at the summit, the route leads you through an underground tunnel and on to the viewing platform at the south wall window. The suspension bridge stretches from here to the Ice Flyer glacier chair lift station.
After the descent to Engelberg return back to Lucerne by using your Swiss pass.
Overnight in Lucerne.
Lucerne - Interlaken (Swiss Pass Day 3)
Later in the evening make your way to the Harder Kulm - Interlaken's local mountain. The journey from Interlaken to the Harder Kulm, takes ten minutes by cable car. The trip up the mountain in the funicular is quite spectacular. The Art Nouveau-style Panorama Restaurant looks like a small castle with its turrets, restaurants and halls. The cosy terrace is a meeting point for locals and the ideal viewing platform for tourists from near and far, and it is located 1,322 metres above sea level. Folklore evenings are held regularly on the Harder Kulm. Treat yourself to tasty Swiss food or kick back with the special "Ice Beer". There's fun at the playground for children. There is a new observation deck at Harder Kulm. The observation deck offers visitors a unique view of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains as well as the lakes of Thun and Brienz. The Two Lakes Bridge is west of the Restaurant Harder Kulm. A steel structure supports the large platform. In the centre, visitors can look down below through a glass surface.
Other Options for Today:
1. Lake Cruise with your Swiss Pass (Free of Cost) 2. Visit Spiez and Enjoy Lake Cruise, its also perfect place to enjoy Pasta/Pizza with a glass of Win
Overnight in Interlaken.
Interlaken-Grindewald- Jungrfraujoch (Swiss Pass Day 4)
Later from Grindelwald the Wengernalp Railway will take you to Kleine Scheidegg beneath the Jungfraujoch with a view of the Eiger North Face. The final train is the Jungfrau Railway. It starts from Kleine Scheidegg and takes you directly to the Jungfraujoch- Top of Europe at 3454 mts, the highest railway station of Europe. Breathtaking views of the UNESCO World Heritage Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch
- Glacier - 22kms longest ice-stream in the Alps. 100% snow & ice guaranteed 365 days a year! Get panoramic views over the borders of Switzerland on the Sphinx vantage terrace - 3571 m. Tour on the history & construction of the Jungfrau Railway at the Alpine Sensation. See the impressive ice sculptures, 30 metres under the surface of glacier at the Ice Palace. Enjoy the fun Snow activities like the summer skiing & snowboarding, sledge & zip line & also have a unique shopping experience at Top of Europe. Dive into the fascinating world of chocolate. (Snow Activities cost not included, its just for reference)) Visit the Lindt Swiss Chocolate Heaven at 3,454 metres above sea level offering selection of Lindt's finest chocolate (Entry Free) . Enjoy a hot meal in one of the 5 restaurants there.(Meal Not Included)
In the late afternoon take the train back to Interlaken and the rest of the evening is free for you to either walk around town, shop at Bucherer or any of the shops there else depending on the day of the week, you could also enjoy a Dinner cruise on the lake (If Available, Dinner cruises are not complimentary)). For those who would like to gamble away, the famous Casino Kursaal awaits you.
Overnight in Interlaken
Interlaken (Swiss Pass Day 5)
You can also visit The Trümmelbach Falls which is the world's only glacier waterfalls that are accessible underground by lift, galleries, tunnels, paths and platforms. They alone carry the meltwater of the glaciers from the Jungfrau down to the valley - up to 20,000 liters of water per second. The water carries with it over 20,000 tons of boulders and scree per year and causes the entire mountain to shudder and make a thundering noise.
You also have an option to visit Bern.
Overnight in Interlaken
Interlaken (Swiss Pass Day 6)
How to Reach for Glacier 3000
We advise you to start at 8.15 Am from your hotel to catch a train from Interlaken West station to Gstaad,after arriving at Gstaad you need to take a Post Bus to col du pillon which is the starting point of Glacier 3000. Total scenic travel time is around 3 Hours from Interlaken to col du pillon
Overnight in Interlaken
Interlaken-Zermatt (Swiss Pass Day 7)
Overnight in Zermatt
Zermatt- Matterhorn (Swiss Pass Day 8)
Overnight in Zermatt
Zermatt- St Moritz (Swiss Pass Day 9)
Overnight in St Moritz
St Moritz- Zurich (Swiss Pass Day 10)
How to Do Rhine Falls
For this you board your train from Interlaken via Bern to Zurich and then board the train to Schaffhausen.Schaffhausen is located 32 miles (52 km) north of Zurich (approx 50 mins). Schaffhausen's biggest claim to fame may be as the gateway to the Rhine falls.Schaffhausen to the Rhine falls is around 15 mins by public transport which is free on your Swiss Pass. Europe's biggest waterfall, the Rhine falls measure 75 feet (23 m) high and 490 feet (150 m) wide. A dramatic series of falls unlike those in the more mountainous areas, they are one of the most popular sights in all of Switzerland. It is best to see them in the early summer, when the falls are fed by the melting mountain snows. Information: [Trains from Zurich to Schaffhausen and back is leaves every one hour]
Later in the evening we recommend you take a walk along the Lake, shop at the many malls and stores dotting the promenade or take a half day trip to the Alpamare water park that is open till late. Alpamare is Europe's largest indoor water park offering everything from thrilling slides to soothing thermal springs, saunas and a solarium.Train from Zurich to Pfäffikon/SZ is 30mins and then in 15 minutes on foot or take the bus to the park. The Zurich Zoo is also recommended especially for families. (20 mins by tram (No. 5) from Zurich main station) Loads of options!!!
Overnight in Zurich.
Use your Swiss pass for reaching airport or Hotel also provides Shuttle bus services
- Lucerne: Ibis Styles Luzerne City or Similar
- Interlaken: Weisses Kreuz or Similar
- Zermatt: Best Western Butterfly or Similar
- St Moritz: Hauser Hotel or Similar
- Zurich: Allegra Or Similar
As per your requirement
- 2 Nights Accommodation with Breakfast in above or similar hotels in Lucerne
- 3 Nights Accommodation with Breakfast in above or similar hotels in Interlaken
- 2 Night Accommodation with Breakfast in above or similar hotels in Zermatt
- 2 Night Accommodation with Breakfast in above or similar hotels St Moritz
- 1 Night Accommodation with Breakfast in above or similar hotels Zurich
- 15 Days Consecutive Swiss Pass in Second Class
- Free entry to Museums and Church in Switzerland
- Rhine Fall Excursion in Zurich with Swiss Pass
- Day Trip of Montreux with Swiss pass
- Visit Chocolate Factory with Swiss pass
- Free Lake cruise in Interlaken and Lucerne
- Unlimited travel by bus, boat and Train in Switzerland
- Mt Titlis Excursion with Ice Flyer in Lucerne
- Jungfraujoch Excursion in Interlaken (Top of Europe)
- Matterhorn Glacier Paradise excursion from Zermatt
- Gornergrat Excursion from Zermatt
- Glacier 3000 from Interlakne
- Glacier Express Seat Reservation from Zermatt to St Moritz
- Travel Insurance
- Visa Assistance
- All Taxes
- Anything which is not mentioned as included
- Visa Fees
- Tips & Porter ages
- City Tax (if Any)
2 Nights Lucerne, 4 Nights Interlaken, 2 Night Zermatt, 1 Night St.Moritz, 1 Night Zurich